- Course times and locations (Office of the Registrar)
- Bio-150 section titles & descriptions
- All other biology course descriptions (College Catalog)
- Planned Electives (300-level) and Faculty Leaves for the next two years.
- "Investigations," A Handbook for Biology & Chemistry Courses
- Off Campus Study Courses Approved for the Biology Major - Off Campus Study Guide for Biology Majors; Off Campus Study Programs.
The Department graduates approximately 30 majors per year; approximately 40% of our majors go on to graduate school and about 15% enter one of the health professions. Our graduates have been recent awardees of both NSF and HHMI Predoctoral Fellowships, Rhodes Scholarships, Fulbright and Watson Fellowships, and our faculty members have secured grant support for teaching and research from NSF, NIH, and other agencies.
For detailed information about the requirements of a biology major at Grinnell, please visit the College Catalog
Up to four credits of advanced work in a related field may be applied toward the biology major. The current list of courses approved for cognate credit includes: ANT 221 or 325; PSY 336; NRS-250.