For Visitors and Guests
Grinnell College welcomes the participation of people with disabilities.
Service dogs are allowed at all campus events and locations.
Getting Around Campus
Please check the campus accessibility map for the nearest accessible parking, entrances, and ramps. The map also shows restrooms and other services.
We have a few offices that are in buildings that are not fully accessible yet. Staff in these buildings will be happy to find another place to meet you.
Requesting an Accommodation
Please ask our staff if you need an accommodation for a disability.
For example, if you have a mobility limitation, the cashier in the dining hall or Spencer Grill can arrange for someone to carry your tray.
Accommodations for Events
If you need an accommodation to attend an event that is open to the public, contact the department sponsoring the event (usually listed on posters or event listings). If you do not know the sponsor, contact Conference Operations and Events.
Please submit requests as soon as possible, and at least 5 days prior to the event. The College uses outside contractors for many services, and needs time to arrange them. If we don't receive the request in enough time to fulfill it, you will be notified that the accommodation cannot be made.
Examples of accommodations may include:
- Closer wheelchair seating
- Seating inline with speakers to improve lip reading
- Closer parking for mobility limitations
- Listen Technology hearing boosters or Telecoil technology
- Text in alternative formats or large print programs
- Sign language interpreters (please give at least two weeks notice)
- Real-time captioning (please give at least one week notice)
Additional Accommodation Information
Please see the following for additional information about accommodations: