Student Health and Counseling Services (SHACS) offers health and mental health services to support your personal and academic growth and success at Grinnell. In addition to the immediate care you require, we also provide you with the tools and information you need to develop lifelong self-care and wellness habits. With the exception of at-cost fees for some medical tests, inoculations, and Plan B, all of our other services are free of charge.
Winter Break Hours
- SHACS office closures (nurse and counselor still available via 641-269-3230)
- Dec. 24, 2018 through Jan. 1, 2019
- Thursday, Jan. 3: closed noon–5 p.m. for student outreach
- Wednesday, Jan. 9: closed for Division of Student Affairs retreat
- Friday, Jan. 11: closed for SHACS Department retreat
- Monday, Jan. 21: closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- Jan. 2–22, 2019: SHACS direct service hours 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. except as noted above.
Need medical care over break? Call 641-269-3230 and follow the appropriate prompts to speak with a health or mental health professional. See the SHACS web site for information about services after hours and local medical providers.
Campus Safety, 641-269-4600, can offer you a ride to the doctor or to a pharmacy if you become ill!
- For an emergency, call 911.
- For medical care when SHACS is closed, call 641-269-3230. Follow the appropriate prompts to speak with a health or mental health professional.
- For on-campus urgent needs, call Campus Safety, 641-269-4600.
Campus Safety can offer you a ride to the doctor or to a pharmacy if we are closed!