The Vivero Digital Scholarship Student Fellowship Program is a training and mentorship program that seeks to grow the diversity of the digital liberal arts community at Grinnell and beyond. It was launched in summer 2017 with the support of an Innovation Fund Pilot Program grant. Vivero is currently a tripartite effort supported by the Digital Liberal Arts Collaborative, the Libraries, and the Center for the Humanities.
Vivero’s goals include:
- diversifying the content, methods, and practitioner community of digital scholarship
- building an on-going pool of qualified student collaborators and peer mentors to assist faculty, students, and staff in digital liberal arts projects through training, project-based work, and mentorship
- supporting students from underrepresented groups to pursue innovative research
- expanding post-graduate employment opportunities through development of students’ digital skills, promoting opportunities for significant research with faculty members, and mentorship that will connect students with support and additional opportunities
- connecting Grinnell to the larger digital liberal arts community by supporting conference participation by fellows and their faculty mentors