The Staff of the Center for Religion, Spirituality and Social Justice
- Dean of Religious Life and Chaplain Rev. Deanna Shorb
- The Division of Student Affairs
- Student Health and Wellness
- The Forum (lower level): 1119 6th Avenue, Grinnell, Iowa, 50112, 641-269-3230
- Hours: Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- SHAW provides a range of counseling services and a 24/7 counseling hotline.
- Residence Life Coordinators are also available.
The purpose of Compassionate Friends is to help those who have lost a loved one to suicide resolve their grief and pain in their own personal way. The grief that survivors of suicide experience is unique. The questions often left behind are at times unbearable. Search for Compassionate Friends chapters near Grinnell or elsewhere.
Bereaved Families provides support for people who have lost an immediate family member — an infant, a child, an adult child, a parent, a brother or a sister, an adult sibling, a grandchild, or a spouse. We support parents, guardians, or family members helping a child grieve.
- Tear Soup
- I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye
- Bereavement Packet Request from Compassionate Friends
- Young Adults & Grief This is an article sharing personal experience around grief issues