Commencement 2021 is complete. It was held at Rosenbloom Field on Friday, May 28 at 10 a.m.
The live streams from Baccalaureate and Commencement have been added to our YouTube Commencement 2021 playlist, with edited video from the Commencement ceremony to be added later.
Public Health Guidelines and Considerations
In anticipation of students and guests arriving in Grinnell, we would like you to be aware of the following recommendations and guidelines related to COVID-19. Please do not travel if you have been exposed to COVID-19, are sick, or if you have recently tested positive for COVID-19. Traveling under these conditions poses a community health risk.
As of April 1, 2021:
- The CDC is recommending delaying travel and remaining at home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- All air passengers coming into the United States, including U.S. citizens, are required to have a negative COVID-19 result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board a flight to the United States.
- Our campus activity level is currently Blue. This means that masks are required in campus spaces and when outdoors within 6 feet of others.
If you plan to travel to campus, please consider the following:
- Your mode of transportation matters as it relates to risk of exposure. Driving may be a better option than air or other passenger travel where air circulation may be poor and individuals spaced close together.
- Wear a mask at all times in public, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at all times.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet from anyone who did not travel with you.
Events and Accommodations
- The events planned for Thursday are for graduates only. Guests are only invited to the Exercises of Commencement at 10 a.m. on Friday, May 28.
- Commencement will be held outside rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. In the event of severe weather, the in-person ceremony will be canceled, and we will livestream our guest speaker and the reading of our 2021 graduates’ names.
- There will be no access to campus buildings. Portable toilets will be on site.
- Transportation will not be available from area hotels to the ceremony. More information about parking will be provided prior to arrival.
- Rosenbloom Field is equipped with an induction hearing loop system, which enables individuals with hearing aids set to T-Coil to hear the program.
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is provided for the Exercises of Commencement. Contact Conference Operations and Events for assigned seating with a clear view.
- There will be a designated entry point for those who need assistance getting onto Rosenbloom Field.
- Grinnell College is committed to supporting guests with disabilities during Commencement Weekend. Please inform Conference Operations and Events if you have a disability that requires accommodation for participation in the Commencement ceremony.
For questions or to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 641-269-3178.
Graduates, see information for graduates for more information.