The 2022 Commencement ceremony will take place at Rosenbloom Field on Monday, May 23, at 10 a.m. The ceremony will be streamed live for those unable to attend.
Midyear Commencement will be held Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. The location has yet to be determined. This is an invite-only celebration for mid-year graduates and their guests. Additional information will be shared as the date approaches.
Public Health Guidelines and Considerations
Please refer to Pandemic Planning for the most current information about conditions and activity levels at Grinnell College.
Events and Accommodations
- The events planned for Thursday are for graduates only.
- Commencement will be held outside rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. In the event of severe weather, the in-person ceremony will be canceled, and we will livestream our guest speaker and the reading of our 2021 graduates’ names.
- There will be no access to campus buildings. Portable toilets will be on site.
- Transportation will not be available from area hotels to the ceremony. More information about parking will be provided prior to arrival.
- Rosenbloom Field is equipped with an induction hearing loop system, which enables individuals with hearing aids set to T-Coil to hear the program.
- American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation is provided for the Exercises of Commencement. Contact Conference Operations and Events for assigned seating with a clear view.
- There will be a designated entry point for those who need assistance getting onto Rosenbloom Field.
- Grinnell College is committed to supporting guests with disabilities during Commencement Weekend. Please inform Conference Operations and Events if you have a disability that requires accommodation for participation in the Commencement ceremony.
For questions or to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 641-269-3178.
Graduates, see information for graduates for more information.