With the exception of the Grinnell-in-London program, Grinnell students follow a two-step process for applying to study off campus during the fall, spring or academic year:
- Search the database of featured programs. If interested in applying to an alternative program or for the full academic year, review petitioning instructions.
- Apply for Grinnell approval to study off campus (Fall, Spring or Academic Year).
For programs with January application deadlines, please apply by December 5, 2019.
Rolling admissions for approval for all programs begin September 24, 2019.
Latest deadline for approval is February 1, 2020.
NOTE: The Grinnell-in-London program has a one-step application due February 1.
- Apply for acceptance directly to the OCS program approved by Grinnell in Step One.
- Due date: Depends on the program. Most programs review on a rolling admission basis. Your approval notification in Step One will encourage you to apply as early as possible to give you an advantage in that process.
- The program acceptance rate for Grinnell students is high for those who remain eligible and apply early. If you are not admitted, the OCS Office will help you find an acceptable alternative.