James Hall is one of the five substance-free residence halls on campus.
James Hall has 10 singles, 22 doubles, and a triple. It houses 57 students.
James Hall has three lounges. There are lounges in the pit and on the first and third floors. The first floor lounge has a television.
The James kitchen is located in the pit. It is equipped with a stove, an oven, a fridge and a microwave.
James has a trunk room for storage which is located in the pit.
Nearby laundry facilities are located in Main Pit and Loose Pit.
Nearby computer labs and printers are located in Cleveland Hall and Read Hall.
A recycling facility is located on the first floor of James.
James offers heating but not air conditioning.
James does not have elevators.
Mary B. James, for whom James Hall was named, was a respected and revered schoolteacher in the Grinnell community.
James Hall is part of the Quadrangle on South Campus, built in 1915, which was originally home to the female students. Like all Grinnell residence halls, James is now co-ed, and students have named an annual gender-bending ball in honor of "Mary B. James."